The Alumni Relations Office of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) formerly Koforidua Polytechnic was established in July, 2011 during the tenure of office of Prof. (Ing.) Reynolds Okai. The Office is under the direct supervision of the Registrar at the Registry as part of the routine administration of the Polytechnic.
The Rector, Prof. Reynolds Okai and his Management team recognised the role of the Alumni Association in the general life of the University, and saw the need to re-vitalise the Alumni Association. This resulted in the opening of the Alumni Relations Office.
The aims and objectives of the office are:
- To promote the welfare of KTU and establish a mutually beneficial relationship between the University and its alumni.
- To act as an effective link between the alumni and the University.
- To establish a medium by which members of the alumni will offer meaningful contributions and assistance towards the progress of their alma mater.
- To establish and promote academic and social brotherhood among the old students as well as the staff and students of the University by organising symposia, lectures, seminars, and other social activities, and
- To establish and maintain a central fund from which assistance to the University including special research grants and bursaries to students and alumni could be pooled.